VENDING MACHINE: Poetry for Change vol.4
The Poet’s Haven is seeking submissions inspired by the following quote:
This is for the next “VENDING MACHINE” anthology that will be released at a special Stardust Poetry show on November 15th in conjunction with the Poetic Provisions food-drive. Patrons, poets, and other guests who donate to the food-drive will receive a copy of the book.
- POEM SUBMISSIONS MUST BE LESS THAN 60 LINES. Poems under 30 lines are recommended. Story and essay submissions must be under 500 words.
- Submissions must be received by October 13th!
- SUBMISSIONS MUST FIT THE THEME!!! If you can’t take the time to read the theme, we won’t waste time considering your work.
- As this is a charity project to benefit the Poetic Provisions food-drive, we are unable to provide contributor copies. If sufficient copies remain after the release show, efforts will be made to get them into the hands of contributing authors who do not live in north-east Ohio that make a donation to their local foodbank.
- Authors retain the right to have their submissions published elsewhere, as long as the other publishers do not require first-time or exclusive rights. Previously published material is acceptable though discouraged.
This anthology will also be published as a free e-book download in 2014.
Submissions should be e-mailed to:
“VENDING MACHINE: Poetry for Change” is an annual anthology published by The Poet’s Haven and edited by T.M. Göttl and Vertigo Xavier. The book is not available for sale, but is instead offered in exchange for donations to the Poetic Provisions food-drive. To obtain a copy, bring a non-perishable food donation to the release show or to any Poet’s Haven event in December (while supplies last). Donations go first to the Canton Sunday Picnic, with any items they are not able to use going to the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
This year’s VENDING MACHINE: Poetry for Change event will be held at the Stardust Poetry show on November 15th at Karma Cafe in Canton, Ohio.