It was a tough decision, having to narrow all the great work published by The Poet’s Haven this year down to just six choices for nomination.
The Poet’s Haven has nominated the following pieces for the 2014 Pushcart Prize:
- “No Magnetic North” by Steve Brightman from Like Michelangelo Sorta Said
- “Pants Day: May 1970″ by Shelley Chernin from VENDING MACHINE: Poetry for Change volume 4
- Chapter 2: “Outbreak” by Joshua Gage from Inhuman: Haiku from the Zombie Apocalypse
- “Two Aspirins and a Cat in the Morning” by Janet Garber from The Poet’s Haven Digest: On Velvet Feet
- “Blank Page” by Lori Ann Kusterbeck from Back\words & For/words
- “Unrequited” by Alexis-Rueal from Letter to 20